Shia Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shia Library

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surah Ghafir- Part 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Surah Ghafir- Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Surah Ghafir- Part 1   Surah Ghafir- Part 1 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 11:11 am

40:1 Ha Mim
Ha-meem

40:2 The revelation of this Book is from Allah, Exalted in Power, Full of Knowledge,-
Tanzeelu alkitabi mina AllahialAAazeezi alAAaleemi

40:3 Who forgiveth sin, accepteth repentance, is strict in punishment, and hath a long reach (in all things). there is no god but He: to Him is the final goal.
Ghafiri alththanbi waqabilialttawbi shadeedi alAAiqabi thee alttawlila ilaha illa huwa ilayhi almaseeru

40:4 None can dispute about the Signs of Allah but the Unbelievers. Let not, then, their strutting about through the land deceive thee!
Ma yujadilu fee ayatiAllahi illa allatheena kafaroo falayaghrurka taqallubuhum fee albiladi

40:5 But (there were people) before them, who denied (the Signs),- the People of Noah, and the Confederates (of Evil) after them; and every People plotted against their prophet, to seize him, and disputed by means of vanities, therewith to condemn the Truth; but it was I that seized them! and how (terrible) was My Requital!
Kaththabat qablahum qawmu noohinwaal-ahzabu min baAAdihim wahammat kulluommatin birasoolihim liya/khuthoohu wajadaloo bialbatililiyudhidoo bihi alhaqqa faakhathtuhumfakayfa kana AAiqabi

40:6 Thus was the Decree of thy Lord proved true against the Unbelievers; that truly they are Companions of the Fire!
Wakathalika haqqat kalimaturabbika AAala allatheena kafaroo annahum as-habualnnari

40:7 Those who sustain the Throne (of Allah) and those around it Sing Glory and Praise to their Lord; believe in Him; and implore Forgiveness for those who believe: "Our Lord! Thy Reach is over all things, in Mercy and Knowledge. Forgive, then, those who turn in Repentance, and follow Thy Path; and preserve them from the Penalty of the Blazing Fire!
Allatheena yahmiloona alAAarshawaman hawlahu yusabbihoona bihamdi rabbihimwayu/minoona bihi wayastaghfiroona lillatheena amanoorabbana wasiAAta kulla shay-in rahmatan waAAilmanfaighfir lillatheena taboo waittabaAAoosabeelaka waqihim AAathaba aljaheemi

40:8 "And grant, our Lord! that they enter the Gardens of Eternity, which Thou hast promised to them, and to the righteous among their fathers, their wives, and their posterity! For Thou art (He), the Exalted in Might, Full of Wisdom.
Rabbana waadkhilhum jannatiAAadnin allatee waAAadtahum waman salaha min aba-ihimwaazwajihim wathurriyyatihim innaka antaalAAazeezu alhakeemu

40:9 "And preserve them from (all) ills; and any whom Thou dost preserve from ills that Day,- on them wilt Thou have bestowed Mercy indeed: and that will be truly (for them) the highest Achievement".
Waqihimu alssayyi-ati wamantaqi alssayyi-ati yawma-ithin faqad rahimtahuwathalika huwa alfawzu alAAatheemu

40:10 The Unbelievers will be addressed: "Greater was the aversion of Allah to you than (is) your aversion to yourselves, seeing that ye were called to the Faith and ye used to refuse."
Inna allatheena kafaroo yunadawnalamaqtu Allahi akbaru min maqtikum anfusakum ithtudAAawna ila al-eemani fatakfuroona

40:11 They will say: "Our Lord! twice hast Thou made us without life, and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognised our sins: Is there any way out (of this)?"
Qaloo rabbana amattanaithnatayni waahyaytana ithnatayni faiAAtarafnabithunoobina fahal ila khuroojin min sabeelin

40:12 (The answer will be:) "This is because, when Allah was invoked as the Only (object of worship), ye did reject Faith, but when partners were joined to Him, ye believed! the Command is with Allah, Most High, Most Great!"
Thalikum bi-annahu ithaduAAiya Allahu wahdahu kafartum wa-in yushrak bihitu/minoo faalhukmu lillahi alAAaliyyialkabeeri

40:13 He it is Who showeth you his Signs, and sendeth down sustenance for you from the sky: but only those receive admonition who turn (to Allah).
Huwa allathee yureekum ayatihiwayunazzilu lakum mina alssama-i rizqan wamayatathakkaru illa man yuneebu

40:14 Call ye, then, upon Allah with sincere devotion to Him, even though the Unbelievers may detest it.
FaodAAoo Allaha mukhliseenalahu alddeena walaw kariha alkafiroona

40:15 Raised high above ranks (or degrees), (He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the Spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting,-
RafeeAAu alddarajati thooalAAarshi yulqee alrrooha min amrihi AAalaman yashao min AAibadihi liyunthira yawma alttalaqi

40:16 The Day whereon they will (all) come forth: not a single thing concerning them is hidden from Allah. Whose will be the dominion that Day?" That of Allah, the One the Irresistible!
Yawma hum barizoona la yakhfaAAala Allahi minhum shay-on limani almulku alyawmalillahi alwahidi alqahhari

40:17 That Day will every soul be requited for what it earned; no injustice will there be that Day, for Allah is Swift in taking account.
Alyawma tujza kullu nafsin bimakasabat la thulma alyawma inna AllahasareeAAu alhisabi

40:18 Warn them of the Day that is (ever) drawing near, when the hearts will (come) right up to the throats to choke (them); No intimate friend nor intercessor will the wrong-doers have, who could be listened to.
Waanthirhum yawma al-azifati ithialquloobu lada alhanajiri kathimeenama lilththalimeena min hameeminwala shafeeAAin yutaAAu

40:19 (Allah) knows of (the tricks) that deceive with the eyes, and all that the hearts (of men) conceal.
YaAAlamu kha-inata al-aAAyuni wamatukhfee alssudooru

40:20 And Allah will judge with (justice and) Truth: but those whom (men) invoke besides Him, will not (be in a position) to judge at all. Verily it is Allah (alone) Who hears and sees (all things).
WaAllahu yaqdee bialhaqqiwaallatheena yadAAoona min doonihi la yaqdoonabishay-in inna Allaha huwa alssameeAAu albaseeru

40:21 Do they not travel through the earth and see what was the End of those before them? They were even superior to them in strength, and in the traces (they have left) in the land: but Allah did call them to account for their sins, and none had they to defend them against Allah.
Awa lam yaseeroo fee al-ardi fayanthurookayfa kana AAaqibatu allatheena kanoomin qablihim kanoo hum ashadda minhum quwwatan waatharanfee al-ardi faakhathahumu Allahu bithunoobihimwama kana lahum mina Allahi min waqin

40:22 That was because there came to them their apostles with Clear (Signs), but they rejected them: So Allah called them to account: for He is Full of Strength, Strict in Punishment.
Thalika bi-annahum kanatta/teehim rusuluhum bialbayyinati fakafaroo faakhathahumuAllahu innahu qawiyyun shadeedu alAAiqabi

40:23 Of old We sent Moses, with Our Signs and an authority manifest,
Walaqad arsalna moosa bi-ayatinawasultanin mubeenin

40:24 To Pharaoh, Haman, and Qarun; but they called (him)" a sorcerer telling lies!"...
Ila firAAawna wahamanawaqaroona faqaloo sahirun kaththabun

40:25 Now, when he came to them in Truth, from Us, they said, "Slay the sons of those who believe with him, and keep alive their females," but the plots of Unbelievers (end) in nothing but errors (and delusions)!...
Falamma jaahum bialhaqqimin AAindina qaloo oqtuloo abnaa allatheenaamanoo maAAahu waistahyoo nisaahumwama kaydu alkafireena illa fee dalalin

40:26 Said Pharaoh: "Leave me to slay Moses; and let him call on his Lord! What I fear is lest he should change your religion, or lest he should cause mischief to appear in the land!"
Waqala firAAawnu tharooneeaqtul moosa walyadAAu rabbahu innee akhafu anyubaddila deenakum aw an yuthhira fee al-ardialfasada

40:27 Moses said: "I have indeed called upon my Lord and your Lord (for protection) from every arrogant one who believes not in the Day of Account!"
Waqala moosa innee AAuthtubirabbee warabbikum min kulli mutakabbirin la yu/minubiyawmi alhisabi

40:28 A believer, a man from among the people of Pharaoh, who had concealed his faith, said: "Will ye slay a man because he says, 'My Lord is Allah'?- when he has indeed come to you with Clear (Signs) from your Lord? and if he be a liar, on him is (the sin of) his lie: but, if he is telling the Truth, then will fall on you something of the (calamity) of which he warns you: Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies!
Waqala rajulun mu/minun min alifirAAawna yaktumu eemanahu ataqtuloona rajulan an yaqoolarabbiyya Allahu waqad jaakum bialbayyinatimin rabbikum wa-in yaku kathiban faAAalayhi kathibuhuwa-in yaku sadiqan yusibkum baAAdu allatheeyaAAidukum inna Allaha la yahdee man huwa musrifunkaththabun

40:29 "O my People! Yours is the dominion this day: Ye have the upper hand in the land: but who will help us from the Punishment of Allah, should it befall us?" Pharaoh said: "I but point out to you that which I see (myself); Nor do I guide you but to the Path of Right!"
Ya qawmi lakumu almulku alyawma thahireenafee al-ardi faman yansuruna min ba/si Allahiin jaana qala firAAawnu ma oreekumilla ma ara wama ahdeekum illasabeela alrrashadi

40:30 Then said the man who believed: "O my people! Truly I do fear for you something like the Day (of disaster) of the Confederates (in sin)!-
Waqala allathee amana yaqawmi innee akhafu AAalaykum mithla yawmi al-ahzabi

40:31 "Something like the fate of the People of Noah, the 'Ad, and the Thamud, and those who came after them: but Allah never wishes injustice to his Servants.
Mithla da/bi qawmi noohin waAAadinwathamooda waallatheena min baAAdihim wamaAllahu yureedu thulman lilAAibadi

40:32 "And O my people! I fear for you a Day when there will be Mutual calling (and wailing),-
Waya qawmi innee akhafuAAalaykum yawma alttanadi

40:33 "A Day when ye shall turn your backs and flee: No defender shall ye have from Allah: Any whom Allah leaves to stray, there is none to guide...
Yawma tuwalloona mudbireena ma lakummina Allahi min AAasimin waman yudlili Allahufama lahu min hadin

40:34 "And to you there came Joseph in times gone by, with Clear Signs, but ye ceased not to doubt of the (Mission) for which he had come: At length, when he died, ye said: 'No apostle will Allah send after him.' thus doth Allah leave to stray such as transgress and live in doubt,-
Walaqad jaakum yoosufu min qablu bialbayyinatifama ziltum fee shakkin mimma jaakum bihi hattaitha halaka qultum lan yabAAatha Allahu minbaAAdihi rasoolan kathalika yudillu Allahuman huwa musrifun murtabun

40:35 "(Such) as dispute about the Signs of Allah, without any authority that hath reached them, grievous and odious (is such conduct) in the sight of Allah and of the Believers. Thus doth Allah, seal up every heart - of arrogant and obstinate Transgressors."
Allatheena yujadiloona fee ayatiAllahi bighayri sultanin atahum kaburamaqtan AAinda Allahi waAAinda allatheena amanookathalika yatbaAAu Allahu AAala kulliqalbi mutakabbirin jabbarin

40:36 Pharaoh said: "O Haman! Build me a lofty palace, that I may attain the ways and means-
Waqala firAAawnu ya hamanuibni lee sarhan laAAallee ablughu al-asbaba

40:37 "The ways and means of (reaching) the heavens, and that I may mount up to the Allah of Moses: But as far as I am concerned, I think (Moses) is a liar!" Thus was made alluring, in Pharaoh's eyes, the evil of his deeds, and he was hindered from the Path; and the plot of Pharaoh led to nothing but perdition (for him).
Asbaba alssamawatifaattaliAAa ila ilahi moosa wa-inneelaathunnuhu kathiban wakathalikazuyyina lifirAAawna soo-o AAamalihi wasudda AAani alssabeeliwama kaydu firAAawna illa fee tababin

40:38 The man who believed said further: "O my people! Follow me: I will lead you to the Path of Right.
Waqala allathee amana yaqawmi ittabiAAooni ahdikum sabeela alrrashadi

40:39 "O my people! This life of the present is nothing but (temporary) convenience: It is the Hereafter that is the Home that will last.
Ya qawmi innama hathihialhayatu alddunya mataAAunwa-inna al-akhirata hiya daru alqarari

40:40 "He that works evil will not be requited but by the like thereof: and he that works a righteous deed - whether man or woman - and is a Believer- such will enter the Garden (of Bliss): Therein will they have abundance without measure.
Man AAamila sayyi-atan fala yujzailla mithlaha waman AAamila salihanmin thakarin aw ontha wahuwa mu/minun faola-ikayadkhuloona aljannata yurzaqoona feeha bighayri hisabin

40:41 "And O my people! How (strange) it is for me to call you to Salvation while ye call me to the Fire!
Waya qawmi malee adAAookum ilaalnnajati watadAAoonanee ila alnnari

40:42 "Ye do call upon me to blaspheme against Allah, and to join with Him partners of whom I have no knowledge; and I call you to the Exalted in Power, Who forgives again and again!"
TadAAoonanee li-akfura biAllahiwaoshrika bihi ma laysa lee bihi AAilmun waanaadAAookum ila alAAazeezi alghaffari

40:43 "Without doubt ye do call me to one who is not fit to be called to, whether in this world, or in the Hereafter; our return will be to Allah; and the Transgressors will be Companions of the Fire!
La jarama annama tadAAoonaneeilayhi laysa lahu daAAwatun fee alddunya walafee al-akhirati waanna maraddana ila Allahiwaanna almusrifeena hum as-habu alnnari
Back to top Go down

Surah Ghafir- Part 1
Page 1 of 1