What Type of Muslim Sister are You?
1. While you are walking down the street, you see a Muslim sister of our Holy religion Islam coming your way. What should you do?
a) not give salaam (greeting of peace), instead you go about your business.
b) smile at her then if she says salaam to you first then you will say salaam to her.
c) Think over whether you should say salaam then wish you had given her salaam because it is too late - she is already gone.
d) say salaam to her.
2. You are sitting in your car and are about to drive off, when a Muslim sister ,whom you don't know, knocks on your window. You role your window down and she desperately asks if she can get a lift to a place where she needs to go. What should you do?
a) ascertain how desperately she needs to go and only then if it was on your way that you give her a lift.
b) give her a lift but you notice how far it is and you keep checking the time.
c) without hesitation you give her a lift.
d) not give her a lift, afterall, she could be some mad woman - you can never be too sure these days!
3. Your sister-in-Islam, who is in some sort of financial difficulty, says to you, "I need fifty dollars", and you have in your possession $50. What do you do?
a) asks her what she needs it for.
b) give her the $50.
c) pretend you didn't hear because she didn't actually asks you for it.
d) tell her, "here, take $25."
4. You have bought a favourite food which you have been craving for. Just as you are about to eat it your favourite sister-in-Islam knocks at your door. You open it to find that she has brought another sister-in-Islam that she wants to introduce you to. What do you do?
a) invite them all to share your food.
b) put your food away but when they are leaving you call your favourite sister-in-Islam aside to give her some of your food for her to take home.
c) excuse yourself for a moment, then eat as much as you can of the food to satisfy your craving, then invite them in to share the remaining food.
d) wait until they all leave so that you can sit down to enjoy your food.
5. Your sister-in-Islam has been admiring your new dress.
What do you do?
a) give her one of your old dresses that is similar to this one but not as nice.
b) wait until you have worn it a few more times then give it to her.
c) wait until she asks, yet hoping that she doesn't.
d) give it to her as soon as you can.
6. Your sister-in-Islam wants to ask you for a favour.
What do you do?
a) "What can I do to help you?"
b) "It depends on what you asks me for."
c) "I don't know if I can do it."
d) "If I can then I'll do it."
7. You have just done your sister-in-Islam a favour.
a) feel good that you were able to do it for her.
b) thank Allah for your good deed.
c) feel proud that you have done a good deed.
d) feel that now she owes you one.
8. Someone has just praised your sister-in-Islam.
a) rush over to tell her immediately.
b) tell her when you next see her.
c) forget about it.
d) tell her when you remember about it.
9. Your best sister-in-Islam is unmarried but she really wants to marry. However, she cannot find anyone.
a) tell her when you know of someone available.
b) offer your husband to her (for her to be a second wife).
c) console and commiserate with her.
d) go out of your way to find her a husband.
10. There is one fault that you notice in your sister-in-Islam.
a) tell other people about it.
b) confront her with it.
c) make excuses and allowances for her, as we are all human and very few of us are without faults. d) become suspicious of her character.
11. You have been entrusted with a secret from your sister-in-Islam. Another sister-in-Islam asks you about it.
a) admit knowledge of it but refuse to divulge it.
b) hint at it without giving it all away.
c) tell her, but also tell her not to tell anyone else.
d) deny any knowledge of it.
12. Your sister-in-Islam has angered you.
a) tell everyone about her faults and secrets and never forgive her.
b) refuse to talk to her at all because you will never forgive her.
c) seek refuge with Allah and refuse to talk to her for 3 days.
d) seek refuge with Allah and forgive her immediately.
13. While discussing the correct way to raise children, you disagree with your sister-in-Islam's view.
a) insist that you are right and she is wrong.
b) tell her your viewpoint then keep silent on this topic.
c) tell her that you are right then change the subject.
d) have a heated debate about who is right.
14. You have been told, "So and so said that you are not a good Muslim! She said......."
a) find out who said it then say some things about that person.
b) ignore it and immediately change the subject.
c) listen to all of what is being said then ignore it.
d) listen to all of what is being said and find out who said it then ignore it.
15. Someone is saying nasty things about your sister-in-Islam.
a) stop them from saying anymore.
b) listen to it but you hate what is being said.
c) go somewhere where you can't hear it.
d) join in the discussion.
16. Your sister-in-Islam insists that you tell her her faults because she sincerely wishes to improve herself.
a) recount all of her faults including the ones she already knows of then and there, regardless of whether you are in private or not.
b) advise her then and there, regardless of whether you are both in private or not.
c) recount her main faults then and there.
d) advise her gently when you are both in private.
17. Your sister-in-Islam comes to you and advises you in private.
a) get annoyed because she noticed your fault.
b) thank her and accept her advise and try to improve yourself.
c) become offended and angry at her and tell her her faults.
d) listen to her advise, accept it then ignore it.
18. Your sister-in-Islam needs to use your telephone but is too shy to ask.
a) insist that she uses your telephone after you have found out who she wants to call.
b) insist that she uses your telephone.
c) pretend you don't know about it.
d) insist that she uses your telephone to make a local call but if it's a long-distance call you ask her to pay for it.
19. While walking down the street, you see a sister-in-Islam fall down.
a) rush over to offer help.
b) wait to see if she can get up by herself, if she can't then you offer her your help.
c) wait to see if anyone will help her, if no-one helps then you offer her your help.
d) go on your way because you don't know her.
20. When you agree to meet your sister-in-Islam at a certain place and at a certain time, do you usually:
a) arrive an hour late.
b) arrive 1/2 an hour late.
c) meet her at the appointed time.
d) arrive 5 to 10 minutes late.
For each answer that you have chosen, write the corresponding score for that question, then tally the total to find out which category you have scored.
1. a=1, b=3, c=2, d=4.
2. a=2, b=3, c=4, d=1.
3. a=2, b=4, c=1, d=3.
4. a=4, b=3, c=2, d=1.
5. a=2, b=3, c=1, d=4.
6. a=4, b=2, c=1, d=3.
7. a=3, b=4, c=2, d=1.
8. a=4, b=3, c=1, d=2.
9. a=2, b=4, c=1, d=3.
10.a=1, b=3, c=4, d=2.
11. a=3, b=2, c=1, d=4.
12. a=1, b=2, c=3, d=4.
13. a=2, b=4, c=3, d=1.
14. a=1, b=4, c=3, d=2.
15. a=4, b=2, c=3, d=1.
16. a=1, b=3, c=2, d=4.
17. a=2, b=4, c=1, d=3.
18. a=3, b=4, c=1, d=2.
19. a=4, b=2, c=3, d=1.
20. a=1, b=2, c=4, d=3.
71-80 = Excellent Sister
51-70 = Good Sister
21-50 = A Sister
1-20 = Not A Sister