Shia Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shia Library

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Empty Hands of a Rich Man

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SLAdmin
Admin
Admin
SLAdmin

Male
Number of posts : 323
Localisation(Recommended) : Pakistan,Lohare
Mosque(Recommended) : lolololololol
Intrests(Recommended) : lolololololol
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Empty Hands of a Rich Man Empty
PostSubject: Empty Hands of a Rich Man   Empty Hands of a Rich Man Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 7:36 pm

An Arabian brother from Montreal, Canada narrated the following heart softening story about his friend's father who was very rich. He owned many buildings and lot's of properties. When he attained old age, he became very sick and was counting his last days. Few days before his death, the old man kept on saying “Ana faqir, Ana faqir” which means, “I am poor, I am poor.” When his visiting children saw this, they took him around and showed him all his properties to assure him that he wasn’t poor at all. But the old man kept on saying, “I am poor, I am poor.” His children became confused and brought a local Muslim Scholar to see their father. After spending some time with the old man, the Scholar understood that the man is saying he is poor not regarding his wealth but regarding his good ‘amal (deeds). This is because most of his life was spent only in acquiring wealth and now that he was on his death bed, he realized that he should’ve given more time to Allah. When that person was dieing, he was still saying Ana faqir.

So much time has gone from our lives in useless matters. From now on, we should not even waste one minute without remembering Allah as every remembrance of Allah will increase our position in the hereafter. So, why not be rich in the everlasting life?
Back to top Go down
https://shialibrary.niceboard.com

Empty Hands of a Rich Man
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shia Library :: Islamic Stories-
Jump to: