Shia Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shia Library

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surah An- Naml- Part1

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Surah An- Naml- Part1 Empty
PostSubject: Surah An- Naml- Part1   Surah An- Naml- Part1 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 10:40 am

27:1 Ta Sin. These are verses of the Qur'an, a book that makes (things) clear;
Ta-seen tilka ayatualqur-ani wakitabin mubeenin

27:2 A guide: and glad tidings for the believers,-
Hudan wabushra lilmu/mineena

27:3 Those who establish regular prayers and give in regular charity, and also have (full) assurance of the hereafter.
Allatheena yuqeemoona alssalatawayu/toona alzzakata wahum bial-akhiratihum yooqinoona

27:4 As to those who believe not in the Hereafter, We have made their deeds pleasing in their eyes; and so they wander about in distraction.
Inna allatheena la yu/minoonabial-akhirati zayyanna lahum aAAmalahumfahum yaAAmahoona

27:5 Such are they for whom a grievous Penalty is (waiting); and in the Hereafter theirs will be the greatest loss.
Ola-ika allatheena lahum soo-oalAAathabi wahum fee al-akhirati humu al-akhsaroona

27:6 As to thee, the Qur'an is bestowed upon thee from the presence of one who is wise and all-knowing.
Wa-innaka latulaqqa alqur-anamin ladun hakeemin AAaleemin

27:7 Behold! Moses said to his family: "I perceive a fire; soon will I bring you from there some information, or I will bring you a burning brand to light our fuel, that ye may warn yourselves.
Ith qala moosa li-ahlihiinnee anastu naran saateekum minhabikhabarin aw ateekum bishihabin qabasinlaAAallakum tastaloona

27:8 But when he came to the (fire), a voice was heard: "Blessed are those in the fire and those around: and glory to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
Falamma jaaha noodiya anboorika man fee alnnari waman hawlahawasubhana Allahi rabbi alAAalameena

27:9 "O Moses! verily, I am Allah, the exalted in might, the wise!....
Ya moosa innahu ana AllahualAAazeezu alhakeemu

27:10 "Now do thou throw thy rod!" But when he saw it moving (of its own accord)as if it had been a snake, he turned back in retreat, and retraced not his steps: "O Moses!" (it was said), "Fear not: truly, in My presence, those called as apostles have no fear,-
Waalqi AAasaka falamma raahatahtazzu kaannaha jannun walla mudbiranwalam yuAAaqqib ya moosa la takhaf innee layakhafu ladayya almursaloona

27:11 "But if any have done wrong and have thereafter substituted good to take the place of evil, truly, I am Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Illa man thalama thummabaddala husnan baAAda soo-in fa-innee ghafoorun raheemun

27:12 "Now put thy hand into thy bosom, and it will come forth white without stain (or harm): (these are) among the nine Signs (thou wilt take) to Pharaoh and his people: for they are a people rebellious in transgression."
Waadkhil yadaka fee jaybika takhruj baydaamin ghayri soo-in fee tisAAi ayatin ilafirAAawna waqawmihi innahum kanoo qawman fasiqeena

27:13 But when Our Signs came to them, that should have opened their eyes, they said: "This is sorcery manifest!"
Falamma jaat-hum ayatunamubsiratan qaloo hatha sihrun mubeenun

27:14 And they rejected those Signs in iniquity and arrogance, though their souls were convinced thereof: so see what was the end of those who acted corruptly!
Wajahadoo biha waistayqanat-haanfusuhum thulman waAAuluwwan faonthurkayfa kana AAaqibatu almufsideena

27:15 We gave (in the past) knowledge to David and Solomon: And they both said: "Praise be to Allah, Who has favoured us above many of his servants who believe!"
Walaqad atayna dawoodawasulaymana AAilman waqala alhamdulillahi allathee faddalana AAalakatheerin min AAibadihi almu/mineena

27:16 And Solomon was David's heir. He said: "O ye people! We have been taught the speech of birds, and on us has been bestowed (a little) of all things: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah.)"
Wawaritha sulaymanu dawoodawaqala ya ayyuha alnnasuAAullimna mantiqa alttayri waooteenamin kulli shay-in inna hatha lahuwa alfadlualmubeenu

27:17 And before Solomon were marshalled his hosts,- of Jinns and men and birds, and they were all kept in order and ranks.
Wahushira lisulaymanajunooduhu mina aljinni waal-insi waalttayrifahum yoozaAAoona

27:18 At length, when they came to a (lowly) valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."
Hatta itha ataw AAalawadi alnnamli qalat namlatun ya ayyuhaalnnamlu odkhuloo masakinakum la yahtimannakumsulaymanu wajunooduhu wahum la yashAAuroona

27:19 So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."
Fatabassama dahikan min qawlihawaqala rabbi awziAAnee an ashkura niAAmataka allateeanAAamta AAalayya waAAala walidayya waan aAAmala salihantardahu waadkhilnee birahmatika fee AAibadikaalssaliheena

27:20 And he took a muster of the Birds; and he said: "Why is it I see not the Hoopoe? Or is he among the absentees?
Watafaqqada alttayra faqalama liya la ara alhudhuda am kana minaalgha-ibeena

27:21 "I will certainly punish him with a severe penalty, or execute him, unless he bring me a clear reason (for absence)."
LaoAAaththibannahu AAathabanshadeedan aw laathbahannahu aw laya/tiyannee bisultaninmubeenin

27:22 But the Hoopoe tarried not far: he (came up and) said: "I have compassed (territory) which thou hast not compassed, and I have come to thee from Saba with tidings true.
Famakatha ghayra baAAeedin faqala ahattubima lam tuhit bihi waji/tuka min saba-inbinaba-in yaqeenin

27:23 "I found (there) a woman ruling over them and provided with every requisite; and she has a magnificent throne.
Innee wajadtu imraatan tamlikuhum waootiyatmin kulli shay-in walaha AAarshun AAatheemun

27:24 "I found her and her people worshipping the sun besides Allah: Satan has made their deeds seem pleasing in their eyes, and has kept them away from the Path,- so they receive no guidance,-
Wajadtuha waqawmaha yasjudoonalilshshamsi min dooni Allahi wazayyana lahumu alshshaytanuaAAmalahum fasaddahum AAani alssabeeli fahumla yahtadoona

27:25 "(Kept them away from the Path), that they should not worship Allah, Who brings to light what is hidden in the heavens and the earth, and knows what ye hide and what ye reveal.
Alla yasjudoo lillahi allatheeyukhriju alkhabaa fee alssamawati waal-ardiwayaAAlamu ma tukhfoona wama tuAAlinoona

27:26 "Allah!- there is no god but He!- Lord of the Throne Supreme!"
Allahu la ilaha illahuwa rabbu alAAarshi alAAatheemi

27:27 (Solomon) said: "Soon shall we see whether thou hast told the truth or lied!
Qala sananthuru asadaqtaam kunta mina alkathibeena

27:28 "Go thou, with this letter of mine, and deliver it to them: then draw back from them, and (wait to) see what answer they return"...
Ithhab bikitabee hathafaalqih ilayhim thumma tawalla AAanhum faonthurmatha yarjiAAoona

27:29 (The queen) said: "Ye chiefs! here is delivered to me - a letter worthy of respect.
Qalat ya ayyuha almalaoinnee olqiya ilayya kitabun kareemun

27:30 "It is from Solomon, and is (as follows): 'In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful:
Innahu min sulaymana wa-innahu bismiAllahi alrrahmani alrraheemi

27:31 "'Be ye not arrogant against me, but come to me in submission (to the true Religion).'"
Alla taAAloo AAalayya wa/tooneemuslimeena

27:32 She said: "Ye chiefs! advise me in (this) my affair: no affair have I decided except in your presence."
Qalat ya ayyuha almalaoaftoonee fee amree ma kuntu qatiAAatan amran hattatashhadoona

27:33 They said: "We are endued with strength, and given to vehement war: but the command is with thee; so consider what thou wilt command."
Qaloo nahnu oloo quwwatinwaoloo ba/sin shadeedin waal-amru ilayki faonthureematha ta/mureena

27:34 She said: "Kings, when they enter a country, despoil it, and make the noblest of its people its meanest thus do they behave.
Qalat inna almulooka ithadakhaloo qaryatan afsadooha wajaAAaloo aAAizzata ahlihaathillatan wakathalika yafAAaloona

27:35 "But I am going to send him a present, and (wait) to see with what (answer) return (my) ambassadors."
Wa-innee mursilatun ilayhim bihadiyyatin fanathiratunbima yarjiAAu almursaloona

27:36 Now when (the embassy) came to Solomon, he said: "Will ye give me abundance in wealth? But that which Allah has given me is better than that which He has given you! Nay it is ye who rejoice in your gift!
Falamma jaa sulaymana qalaatumiddoonani bimalin fama ataniyaAllahu khayrun mimma atakum bal antumbihadiyyatikum tafrahoona

27:37 "Go back to them, and be sure we shall come to them with such hosts as they will never be able to meet: We shall expel them from there in disgrace, and they will feel humbled (indeed)."
IrjiAA ilayhim falana/tiyannahum bijunoodinla qibala lahum biha walanukhrijannahum minhaathillatan wahum saghiroona

27:38 He said (to his own men): "Ye chiefs! which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?"
Qala ya ayyuha almalaoayyukum ya/teenee biAAarshiha qabla an ya/toonee muslimeena

27:39 Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."
Qala AAifreetun mina aljinni anaateeka bihi qabla an taqooma min maqamika wa-inneAAalayhi laqawiyyun ameenun

27:40 Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !"
Qala allathee AAindahu AAilmunmina alkitabi ana ateeka bihi qabla anyartadda ilayka tarfuka falamma raahumustaqirran AAindahu qala hatha min fadlirabbee liyabluwanee aashkuru am akfuru waman shakara fa-innamayashkuru linafsihi waman kafara fa-inna rabbee ghaniyyun kareemun

27:41 He said: "Transform her throne out of all recognition by her: let us see whether she is guided (to the truth) or is one of those who receive no guidance."
Qala nakkiroo laha AAarshahananthur atahtadee am takoonu mina allatheenala yahtadoona

27:42 So when she arrived, she was asked, "Is this thy throne?" She said, "It was just like this; and knowledge was bestowed on us in advance of this, and we have submitted to Allah (in Islam)."
Falamma jaat qeela ahakathaAAarshuki qalat kaannahu huwa waooteena alAAilmamin qabliha wakunna muslimeena

27:43 And he diverted her from the worship of others besides Allah: for she was (sprung) of a people that had no faith.
Wasaddaha ma kanattaAAbudu min dooni Allahi innaha kanat minqawmin kafireena

27:44 She was asked to enter the lofty Palace: but when she saw it, she thought it was a lake of water, and she (tucked up her skirts), uncovering her legs. He said: "This is but a palace paved smooth with slabs of glass." She said: "O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul: I do (now) submit (in Islam), with Solomon, to the Lord of the Worlds."
Qeela laha odkhulee alssarhafalamma raat-hu hasibat-hu lujjatan wakashafat AAansaqayha qala innahu sarhunmumarradun min qawareera qalat rabbi innee thalamtunafsee waaslamtu maAAa sulaymana lillahi rabbi alAAalameena

27:45 We sent (aforetime), to the Thamud, their brother Salih, saying, "Serve Allah": But behold, they became two factions quarrelling with each other.
Walaqad arsalna ila thamoodaakhahum salihan ani oAAbudoo Allahafa-itha hum fareeqani yakhtasimoona

27:46 He said: "O my people! why ask ye to hasten on the evil in preference to the good? If only ye ask Allah for forgiveness, ye may hope to receive mercy.
Qala ya qawmi limatastaAAjiloona bialssayyi-ati qabla alhasanati lawlatastaghfiroona Allaha laAAallakum turhamoona

27:47 They said: "Ill omen do we augur from thee and those that are with thee". He said: "Your ill omen is with Allah; yea, ye are a people under trial."
Qaloo ittayyarna bikawabiman maAAaka qala ta-irukum AAinda Allahibal antum qawmun tuftanoona

27:48 There were in the city nine men of a family, who made mischief in the land, and would not reform.
Wakana fee almadeenati tisAAatu rahtinyufsidoona fee al-ardi wala yuslihoona

27:49 They said: "Swear a mutual oath by Allah that we shall make a secret night attack on him and his people, and that we shall then say to his heir (when he seeks vengeance): 'We were not present at the slaughter of his people, and we are positively telling the truth.'"
Qaloo taqasamoo biAllahilanubayyitannahu waahlahu thumma lanaqoolanna liwaliyyihi mashahidna mahlika ahlihi wa-inna lasadiqoona

27:50 They plotted and planned, but We too planned, even while they perceived it not.
Wamakaroo makran wamakarna makranwahum la yashAAuroona

27:51 Then see what was the end of their plot!- this, that We destroyed them and their people, all (of them).
Faonthur kayfa kanaAAaqibatu makrihim anna dammarnahumwaqawmahum ajmaAAeena

27:52 Now such were their houses, - in utter ruin, - because they practised wrong-doing. Verily in this is a Sign for people of knowledge.
Fatilka buyootuhum khawiyatan bimathalamoo inna fee thalika laayatanliqawmin yaAAlamoona

27:53 And We saved those who believed and practised righteousness.
Waanjayna allatheena amanoowakanoo yattaqoona

27:54 (We also sent) Lut (as an apostle): behold, He said to his people, "Do ye do what is shameful though ye see (its iniquity)?
Walootan ith qalaliqawmihi ata/toona alfahishata waantum tubsiroona

27:55 Would ye really approach men in your lusts rather than women? Nay, ye are a people (grossly) ignorant!
A-innakum lata/toona alrrijalashahwatan min dooni alnnisa-i bal antum qawmuntajhaloona

27:56 But his people gave no other answer but this: they said, "Drive out the followers of Lut from your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"
Fama kana jawabaqawmihi illa an qaloo akhrijoo ala lootinmin qaryatikum innahum onasun yatatahharoona
Back to top Go down

Surah An- Naml- Part1
Page 1 of 1