Shia Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shia Library

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surah As Sad- Part 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Surah As Sad- Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Surah As Sad- Part 1   Surah As Sad- Part 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 4:26 pm

38:1 Sad: By the Qur'an, Full of Admonition: (This is the Truth).
Sad waalqur-ani theealththikri

38:2 But the Unbelievers (are steeped) in self-glory and Separatism.
Bali allatheena kafaroo fee AAizzatinwashiqaqin

38:3 How many generations before them did We destroy? In the end they cried (for mercy)- when there was no longer time for being saved!
Kam ahlakna min qablihim min qarninfanadaw walata heena manasin

38:4 So they wonder that a Warner has come to them from among themselves! and the Unbelievers say, "This is a sorcerer telling lies!
WaAAajiboo an jaahum munthirunminhum waqala alkafiroona hatha sahirunkaththabun

38:5 "Has he made the gods (all) into one Allah? Truly this is a wonderful thing!"
AjaAAala al-alihata ilahan wahidaninna hatha lashay-on AAujabun

38:6 And the leader among them go away (impatiently), (saying), "Walk ye away, and remain constant to your gods! For this is truly a thing designed (against you)!
Waintalaqa almalao minhum aniimshoo waisbiroo AAala alihatikuminna hatha lashay-on yuradu

38:7 "We never heard (the like) of this among the people of these latter days: this is nothing but a made-up tale!"
Ma samiAAna bihatha feealmillati al-akhirati in hatha illa ikhtilaqun

38:8 "What! has the Message been sent to him - (Of all persons) among us?"...but they are in doubt concerning My (Own) Message! Nay, they have not yet tasted My Punishment!
Aonzila AAalayhi alththikru minbaynina bal hum fee shakkin min thikree bal lammayathooqoo AAathabi

38:9 Or have they the treasures of the mercy of thy Lord,- the Exalted in Power, the Grantor of Bounties without measure?
Am AAindahum khaza-inu rahmatirabbika alAAazeezi alwahhabi

38:10 Or have they the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all between? If so, let them mount up with the ropes and means (to reach that end)!
Am lahum mulku alssamawatiwaal-ardi wama baynahuma falyartaqoofee al-asbabi

38:11 But there - will be put to flight even a host of confederates.
Jundun ma hunalika mahzoomunmina al-ahzabi

38:12 Before them (were many who) rejected apostles,- the people of Noah, and 'Ad, and Pharaoh, the Lord of Stakes,
Kaththabat qablahum qawmu noohinwaAAadun wafirAAawnu thoo al-awtadi

38:13 And Thamud, and the people of Lut, and the Companions of the Wood; - such were the Confederates.
Wathamoodu waqawmu lootin waas-habual-aykati ola-ika al-ahzabu

38:14 Not one (of them) but rejected the apostles, but My punishment came justly and inevitably (on them).
In kullun illa kaththaba alrrusulafahaqqa AAiqabi

38:15 These (today) only wait for a single mighty Blast, which (when it comes) will brook no delay.
Wama yanthuru haola-iilla sayhatan wahidatan ma lahamin fawaqin

38:16 They say: "Our Lord! hasten to us our sentence (even) before the Day of Account!"
Waqaloo rabbana AAajjil lanaqittana qabla yawmi alhisabi

38:17 Have patience at what they say, and remember our servant David, the man of strength: for he ever turned (to Allah).
Isbir AAala mayaqooloona waothkur AAabdana dawooda thaal-aydi innahu awwabun

38:18 It was We that made the hills declare, in unison with him, Our Praises, at eventide and at break of day,
Inna sakhkharna aljibalamaAAahu yusabbihna bialAAashiyyi waal-ishraqi

38:19 And the birds gathered (in assemblies): all with him did turn (to Allah).
Waalttayra mahshooratankullun lahu awwabun

38:20 We strengthened his kingdom, and gave him wisdom and sound judgment in speech and decision.
Washadadna mulkahu waataynahualhikmata wafasla alkhitabi

38:21 Has the Story of the Disputants reached thee? Behold, they climbed over the wall of the private chamber;
Wahal ataka nabao alkhasmi ithtasawwaroo almihraba

38:22 When they entered the presence of David, and he was terrified of them, they said: "Fear not: we are two disputants, one of whom has wronged the other: Decide now between us with truth, and treat us not with injustice, but guide us to the even Path..
Ith dakhaloo AAala dawoodafafaziAAa minhum qaloo la takhaf khasmanibagha baAAduna AAala baAAdinfaohkum baynana bialhaqqi walatushtit waihdina ila sawa-ialssirati

38:23 "This man is my brother: He has nine and ninety ewes, and I have (but) one: Yet he says, 'commit her to my care,' and is (moreover) harsh to me in speech."
Inna hatha akhee lahu tisAAunwatisAAoona naAAjatan waliya naAAjatun wahidatun faqalaakfilneeha waAAazzanee fee alkhitabi

38:24 (David) said: "He has undoubtedly wronged thee in demanding thy (single) ewe to be added to his (flock of) ewes: truly many are the partners (in business) who wrong each other: Not so do those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and how few are they?"...and David gathered that We had tried him: he asked forgiveness of his Lord, fell down, bowing (in prostration), and turned (to Allah in repentance).
Qala laqad thalamakabisu-ali naAAjatika ila niAAajihi wa-innakatheeran mina alkhulata-i layabghee baAAduhum AAalabaAAdin illa allatheena amanoowaAAamiloo alssalihati waqaleelun mahum wathanna dawoodu annama fatannahufaistaghfara rabbahu wakharra rakiAAan waanaba

38:25 So We forgave him this (lapse): he enjoyed, indeed, a Near Approach to Us, and a beautiful place of (Final) Return.
Faghafarna lahu thalikawa-inna lahu AAindana lazulfa wahusna maabin

38:26 O David! We did indeed make thee a vicegerent on earth: so judge thou between men in truth (and justice): Nor follow thou the lusts (of thy heart), for they will mislead thee from the Path of Allah: for those who wander astray from the Path of Allah, is a Penalty Grievous, for that they forget the Day of Account.
Ya dawoodu inna jaAAalnakakhaleefatan fee al-ardi faohkum bayna alnnasibialhaqqi wala tattabiAAi alhawa fayudillakaAAan sabeeli Allahi inna allatheena yadilloonaAAan sabeeli Allahi lahum AAathabun shadeedun bimanasoo yawma alhisabi

38:27 Not without purpose did We create heaven and earth and all between! that were the thought of Unbelievers! but woe to the Unbelievers because of the Fire (of Hell)!
Wama khalaqna alssamaawaal-arda wama baynahuma batilanthalika thannu allatheena kafaroofawaylun lillatheena kafaroo mina alnnari

38:28 Shall We treat those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, the same as those who do mischief on earth? Shall We treat those who guard against evil, the same as those who turn aside from the right?
Am najAAalu allatheena amanoowaAAamiloo alssalihati kaalmufsideenafee al-ardi am najAAalu almuttaqeena kaalfujjari

38:29 (Here is) a Book which We have sent down unto thee, full of blessings, that they may mediate on its Signs, and that men of understanding may receive admonition.
Kitabun anzalnahu ilayka mubarakunliyaddabbaroo ayatihi waliyatathakkara olooal-albabi

38:30 To David We gave Solomon (for a son),- How excellent in Our service! Ever did he turn (to Us)!
Wawahabna lidawooda sulaymananiAAma alAAabdu innahu awwabun

38:31 Behold, there were brought before him, at eventide coursers of the highest breeding, and swift of foot;
Ith AAurida AAalayhi bialAAashiyyialssafinatu aljiyadu

38:32 And he said, "Truly do I love the love of good, with a view to the glory of my Lord,"- until (the sun) was hidden in the veil (of night):
Faqala innee ahbabtu hubbaalkhayri AAan thikri rabbee hatta tawaratbialhijabi

38:33 "Bring them back to me." then began he to pass his hand over (their) legs and their necks.
Ruddooha AAalayya fatafiqa mashanbialssooqi waal-aAAnaqi

38:34 And We did try Solomon: We placed on his throne a body (without life); but he did turn (to Us in true devotion):
Walaqad fatanna sulaymanawaalqayna AAala kursiyyihi jasadan thumma anaba

38:35 He said, "O my Lord! Forgive me, and grant me a kingdom which, (it may be), suits not another after me: for Thou art the Grantor of Bounties (without measure).
Qala rabbi ighfir lee wahab leemulkan la yanbaghee li-ahadin min baAAdee innakaanta alwahhabu

38:36 Then We subjected the wind to his power, to flow gently to his order, Whithersoever he willed,-
Fasakhkharna lahu alrreehatajree bi-amrihi rukhaan haythu asaba

38:37 As also the evil ones, (including) every kind of builder and diver,-
Waalshshayateena kulla banna-inwaghawwasin

38:38 As also others bound together in fetters.
Waakhareena muqarraneena fee al-asfadi

38:39 "Such are Our Bounties: whether thou bestow them (on others) or withhold them, no account will be asked."
Hatha AAataona faomnunaw amsik bighayri hisabin

38:40 And he enjoyed, indeed, a Near Approach to Us, and a beautiful Place of (Final) Return.
Wa-inna lahu AAindana lazulfawahusna maabin

38:41 Commemorate Our Servant Job. Behold he cried to his Lord: "The Evil One has afflicted me with distress and suffering!"
Waothkur AAabdanaayyooba ith nada rabbahu annee massaniya alshshaytanubinusbin waAAathabin

38:42 (The command was given:) "Strike with thy foot: here is (water) wherein to wash, cool and refreshing, and (water) to drink."
Orkud birijlika hathamughtasalun baridun washarabun

38:43 And We gave him (back) his people, and doubled their number,- as a Grace from Ourselves, and a thing for commemoration, for all who have Understanding.
Wawahabna lahu ahlahu wamithlahummaAAahum rahmatan minna wathikrali-olee al-albabi

38:44 "And take in thy hand a little grass, and strike therewith: and break not (thy oath)." Truly We found him full of patience and constancy. How excellent in Our service! ever did he turn (to Us)!
Wakhuth biyadika dighthan faidribbihi wala tahnath inna wajadnahu sabiranniAAma alAAabdu innahu awwabun

38:45 And commemorate Our Servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, possessors of Power and Vision.
Waothkur AAibadanaibraheema wa-ishaqa wayaAAqooba olee al-aydee waal-absari

38:46 Verily We did choose them for a special (purpose)- proclaiming the Message of the Hereafter.
Inna akhlasnahum bikhalisatinthikra alddari

38:47 They were, in Our sight, truly, of the company of the Elect and the Good.
Wa-innahum AAindana lamina almustafaynaal-akhyari

38:48 And commemorate Isma'il, Elisha, and Zul-Kifl: Each of them was of the Company of the Good.
Waothkur ismaAAeelawa-ilyasaAAa watha alkifli wakullun mina al-akhyari

38:49 This is a Message (of admonition): and verily, for the righteous, is a beautiful Place of (Final) Return,-
Hatha thikrun wa-innalilmuttaqeena lahusna maabin

38:50 Gardens of Eternity, whose doors will (ever) be open to them;
Jannati AAadnin mufattahatanlahumu al-abwabu

38:51 Therein will they recline (at ease): Therein can they call (at pleasure) for fruit in abundance, and (delicious) drink;
Muttaki-eena feeha yadAAoona feehabifakihatin katheeratin washarabin

38:52 And beside them will be chaste women restraining their glances, (companions) of equal age.
WaAAindahum qasiratu alttarfiatrabun

38:53 Such is the Promise made, to you for the Day of Account!
Hatha ma tooAAadoona liyawmialhisabi

38:54 Truly such will be Our Bounty (to you); it will never fail;-
Inna hatha larizquna malahu min nafadin

38:55 Yea, such! but - for the wrong-doers will be an evil place of (Final) Return!-
Hatha wa-inna lilttagheenalasharra maabin
Back to top Go down

Surah As Sad- Part 1
Page 1 of 1