Shia Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shia Library

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surah Al Mu'minum- Part 1

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Surah Al Mu'minum- Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: Surah Al Mu'minum- Part 1   Surah Al Mu'minum- Part 1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 2:03 pm

23:1 The believers must (eventually) win through,-
Qad aflaha almu/minoona

23:2 Those who humble themselves in their prayers;
Allatheena hum fee salatihimkhashiAAoona

23:3 Who avoid vain talk;
Waallatheena hum AAani allaghwimuAAridoona

23:4 Who are active in deeds of charity;
Waallatheena hum lilzzakatifaAAiloona

23:5 Who abstain from sex,
Waallatheena hum lifuroojihim hafithoona

23:6 Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (in their case) they are free from blame,
Illa AAala azwajihim awma malakat aymanuhum fa-innahum ghayru maloomeena

23:7 But those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors;-
Famani ibtagha waraa thalikafaola-ika humu alAAadoona

23:8 Those who faithfully observe their trusts and their covenants;
Waallatheena hum li-amanatihimwaAAahdihim raAAoona

23:9 And who (strictly) guard their prayers;-
Waallatheena hum AAala salawatihimyuhafithoona

23:10 These will be the heirs,
Ola-ika humu alwarithoona

23:11 Who will inherit Paradise: they will dwell therein (for ever).
Allatheena yarithoona alfirdawsa humfeeha khalidoona

23:12 Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay);
Walaqad khalaqna al-insana minsulalatin min teenin

23:13 Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest, firmly fixed;
Thumma jaAAalnahu nutfatan feeqararin makeenin

23:14 Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!
Thumma khalaqna alnnutfataAAalaqatan fakhalaqna alAAalaqata mudghatanfakhalaqna almudghata AAithamanfakasawna alAAithama lahmanthumma ansha/nahu khalqan akhara fatabarakaAllahu ahsanu alkhaliqeena

23:15 After that, at length ye will die
Thumma innakum baAAda thalikalamayyitoona

23:16 Again, on the Day of Judgment, will ye be raised up.
Thumma innakum yawma alqiyamatitubAAathoona

23:17 And We have made, above you, seven tracts; and We are never unmindful of (our) Creation.
Walaqad khalaqna fawqakum sabAAa tara-iqawama kunna AAani alkhalqi ghafileena

23:18 And We send down water from the sky according to (due) measure, and We cause it to soak in the soil; and We certainly are able to drain it off (with ease).
Waanzalna mina alssama-imaan biqadarin faaskannahu fee al-ardiwa-inna AAala thahabin bihi laqadiroona

23:19 With it We grow for you gardens of date-palms and vines: in them have ye abundant fruits: and of them ye eat (and have enjoyment),-
Faansha/na lakum bihi jannatinmin nakheelin waaAAnabin lakum feeha fawakihukatheeratun waminha ta/kuloona

23:20 Also a tree springing out of Mount Sinai, which produces oil, and relish for those who use it for food.
Washajaratan takhruju min toori saynaatanbutu bialdduhni wasibghin lilakileena

23:21 And in cattle (too) ye have an instructive example: from within their bodies We produce (milk) for you to drink; there are, in them, (besides), numerous (other) benefits for you; and of their (meat) ye eat;
Wa-inna lakum fee al-anAAamilaAAibratan nusqeekum mimma fee butoonihawalakum feeha manafiAAu katheeratun waminhata/kuloona

23:22 An on them, as well as in slips, ye side.
WaAAalayha waAAala alfulki tuhmaloona

23:23 (Further, We sent a long line of prophets for your instruction). We sent Noah to his people: He said, "O my people! worship Allah! Ye have no other god but Him. Will ye not fear (Him)?"
Walaqad arsalna noohan ilaqawmihi faqala ya qawmi oAAbudoo Allaha malakum min ilahin ghayruhu afala tattaqoona

23:24 The chiefs of the Unbelievers among his people said: "He is no more than a man like yourselves: his wish is to assert his superiority over you: if Allah had wished (to send messengers), He could have sent down angels; never did we hear such a thing (as he says), among our ancestors of old."
Faqala almalao allatheenakafaroo min qawmihi ma hatha illa basharunmithlukum yureedu an yatafaddala AAalaykum walaw shaaAllahu laanzala mala-ikatan ma samiAAnabihatha fee aba-ina al-awwaleena

23:25 (And some said): "He is only a man possessed: wait (and have patience) with him for a time."
In huwa illa rajulun bihi jinnatunfatarabbasoo bihi hatta heenin

23:26 (Noah) said: "O my Lord! help me: for that they accuse me of falsehood!"
Qala rabbi onsurnee bimakaththabooni

23:27 So We inspired him (with this message): "Construct the Ark within Our sight and under Our guidance: then when comes Our Command, and the fountains of the earth gush forth, take thou on board pairs of every species, male and female, and thy family- except those of them against whom the Word has already gone forth: And address Me not in favour of the wrong-doers; for they shall be drowned (in the Flood).
Faawhayna ilayhi ani isnaAAialfulka bi-aAAyunina wawahyina fa-ithajaa amruna wafara alttannooru faoslukfeeha min kullin zawjayni ithnayni waahlaka illaman sabaqa AAalayhi alqawlu minhum wala tukhatibneefee allatheena thalamoo innahum mughraqoona

23:28 And when thou hast embarked on the Ark - thou and those with thee,- say: "Praise be to Allah, Who has saved us from the people who do wrong."
Fa-itha istawayta anta waman maAAakaAAala alfulki faquli alhamdu lillahi allatheenajjana mina alqawmi alththalimeena

23:29 And say: "O my Lord! enable me to disembark with thy blessing: for Thou art the Best to enable (us) to disembark."
Waqul rabbi anzilnee munzalan mubarakanwaanta khayru almunzileena

23:30 Verily in this there are Signs (for men to understand); (thus) do We try (men).
Inna fee thalika laayatinwa-in kunna lamubtaleena

23:31 Then We raised after them another generation.
Thumma ansha/na min baAAdihim qarnan akhareena

23:32 And We sent to them an apostle from among themselves, (saying), "Worship Allah! ye have no other god but Him. Will ye not fear (Him)?"
Faarsalna feehim rasoolan minhum anioAAbudoo Allaha ma lakum min ilahin ghayruhuafala tattaqoona

23:33 And the chiefs of his people, who disbelieved and denied the Meeting in the Hereafter, and on whom We had bestowed the good things of this life, said: "He is no more than a man like yourselves: he eats of that of which ye eat, and drinks of what ye drink.
Waqala almalao min qawmihi allatheenakafaroo wakaththaboo biliqa-i al-akhiratiwaatrafnahum fee alhayati alddunyama hatha illa basharun mithlukum ya/kulumimma ta/kuloona minhu wayashrabu mimma tashraboona

23:34 "If ye obey a man like yourselves, behold, it is certain ye will be lost.
Wala-in ataAAtum basharan mithlakuminnakum ithan lakhasiroona

23:35 "Does he promise that when ye die and become dust and bones, ye shall be brought forth (again)?
AyaAAidukum annakum itha mittumwakuntum turaban waAAithaman annakummukhrajoona

23:36 "Far, very far is that which ye are promised!
Hayhata hayhata limatooAAadoona

23:37 "There is nothing but our life in this world! We shall die and we live! But we shall never be raised up again!
In hiya illa hayatunaalddunya namootu wanahya wamanahnu bimabAAootheena

23:38 "He is only a man who invents a lie against Allah, but we are not the ones to believe in him!"
In huwa illa rajulun iftaraAAala Allahi kathiban wama nahnulahu bimu/mineena

23:39 (The prophet) said: "O my Lord! help me: for that they accuse me of falsehood."
Qala rabbi onsurnee bimakaththabooni

23:40 (Allah) said: "In but a little while, they are sure to be sorry!"
Qala AAamma qaleelin layusbihunnanadimeena

23:41 Then the Blast overtook them with justice, and We made them as rubbish of dead leaves (floating on the stream of Time)! So away with the people who do wrong!
Faakhathat-humu alssayhatubialhaqqi fajaAAalnahum ghuthaanfabuAAdan lilqawmi alththalimeena

23:42 Then We raised after them other generations.
Thumma ansha/na min baAAdihimquroonan akhareena

23:43 No people can hasten their term, nor can they delay (it).
Ma tasbiqu min ommatin ajalahawama yasta/khiroona

23:44 Then sent We our apostles in succession: every time there came to a people their apostle, they accused him of falsehood: so We made them follow each other (in punishment): We made them as a tale (that is told): So away with a people that will not believe!
Thumma arsalna rusulana tatrakulla ma jaa ommatan rasooluha kaththaboohufaatbaAAna baAAdahum baAAdan wajaAAalnahumahadeetha fabuAAdan liqawmin la yu/minoona

23:45 Then We sent Moses and his brother Aaron, with Our Signs and authority manifest,
Thumma arsalna moosa waakhahuharoona bi-ayatina wasultaninmubeenin

23:46 To Pharaoh and his Chiefs: But these behaved insolently: they were an arrogant people.
Ila firAAawna wamala-ihi faistakbaroowakanoo qawman AAaleena

23:47 They said: "Shall we believe in two men like ourselves? And their people are subject to us!"
Faqaloo anu/minu libasharayni mithlinawaqawmuhuma lana AAabidoona

23:48 So they accused them of falsehood, and they became of those who were destroyed.
Fakaththaboohuma fakanoomina almuhlakeena

23:49 And We gave Moses the Book, in order that they might receive guidance.
Walaqad atayna moosaalkitaba laAAallahum yahtadoona

23:50 And We made the son of Mary and his mother as a Sign: We gave them both shelter on high ground, affording rest and security and furnished with springs.
WajaAAalna ibna maryama waommahu ayatanwaawaynahuma ila rabwatin thatiqararin wamaAAeenin

23:51 O ye apostles! enjoy (all) things good and pure, and work righteousness: for I am well-acquainted with (all) that ye do.
Ya ayyuha alrrusulukuloo mina alttayyibati waiAAmaloo salihaninnee bima taAAmaloona AAaleemun

23:52 And verily this Brotherhood of yours is a single Brotherhood, and I am your Lord and Cherisher: therefore fear Me (and no other).
Wa-inna hathihi ommatukum ommatan wahidatanwaana rabbukum faittaqooni

23:53 But people have cut off their affair (of unity), between them, into sects: each party rejoices in that which is with itself.
FataqattaAAoo amrahum baynahumzuburan kullu hizbin bima ladayhim farihoona

23:54 But leave them in their confused ignorance for a time.
Fatharhum fee ghamratihim hattaheenin

23:55 Do they think that because We have granted them abundance of wealth and sons,
Ayahsaboona annama numidduhumbihi min malin wabaneena

23:56 We would hasten them on in every good? Nay, they do not understand.
NusariAAu lahum fee alkhayratibal la yashAAuroona
Back to top Go down

Surah Al Mu'minum- Part 1
Page 1 of 1